A Leading Financial Giant is building out a new arm to their company in the form of a Digital Bank. This project is their most highly funded, and they are looking to create a distinct engineering culture with a focus on cloud-native, robust systems that can be scaled up as the new bank looks to rival the likes of Monzo and Starling Bank.
As a developer, you will join the Java Tribe who are working on building the core infrastructure that will underpin all future development, with the focus being on developing a Microservices environment with flawless code, and there is a huge emphasis on establishing a strong engineering culture with Agile Practices being of the utmost importance. The core stack is Java, SpringBoot and AWS but there will also be numerous opportunities to engage with exciting technologies like Docker and Kubernetes. Being such a new project, this firm is keen to bring on board technologists from a variety of backgrounds not just exclusively finance.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with one of the JVM languages (Java/Scala/Kotlin, preferably Java 11+)
- Experience with Microservices engineering/design, with an understanding of the spring framework
- Strong Computer Science, Engineering (or a related subject) background.
- Confident self-starter that will be able to hit the ground running and pick up new technologies.
- Passionate developer with an appetite for the advancement of technology to be at the core of strategic business initiatives.
- Drives Agile and best practices and values clean and extremely well-tested code.
- Market Leading compensation for permanent positions + competitive bonuses.
- Strong appreciation for work-life balance with a massive emphasis on culture-driven values
- The opportunity to work for one of a global market-leading Investment Banks in one of their most ambitious projects.
For more information please email Maxwell.Patterson@stanfordblack.com