One of the world’s leading Investment Banks is currently undergoing a huge Greenfield project, looking to create one single Data repository for the entire firm. This is a highly strategic initiative that will allow all parts of the firm to share valuable data to make better-informed trading decisions, impacting over 20,000 end users!
They are looking for a Senior Technology Leader who has a background in architecting large-scale, highly distributed Data systems. You will be collaborating with senior stakeholders across different teams to align their strategies, leading the charge in leveraging a modern, Agile engineering culture and also contributing to hands-on Java coding with the development team.
You will be responsible for driving the technology roadmap, introducing modern technologies and also being at the forefront of the group’s cloud migration journey up to GCP!
- Great system design principles, and demonstrable experience with designing scalable distributed architectures.
- Recent experience working on a large Data platform.
- Excellent knowledge of modern Big Data Technologies – Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Flink, Cassandra, HDFS, Ignite etc.
- Strong Java programming skills
- A keen interest in Cloud Computing – experience working with GCP, AWS or Azure is highly beneficial.
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent bonus structure
- Flexible working and remote working capability
- Remote onboarding
For more information please email Lewis.firstname.lastname@example.org