A globally-renowned hedge-fund is looking for a world-class Big Data Architect to build out a next-generation, completely greenfield, super high-volume streaming platform to be used by thousands of internal users for the entire firm’s benefit. They’re looking for someone to be the team’s key subject matter expert within that group leveraging Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala and number of other Big Data technologies.
They’re looking for a technology leader to drive the technology roadmap and be the primary point of contact with the Enterprise Analytics Platform team, leading the charge in transforming the entire firm’s Big Data capabilities including their massively distributed Hadoop platform. Leveraging Agile best practices and a strong DevOps culture, including the use of CI/CD, Test Automation, Infrastructure as Code and automated pipelines to production, you’d be part of a truly cutting-edge team at the forefront of this leading initiative.
- 3+ years Java development/ architecture experience.
- In depth knowledge of Hadoop and related technologies including Spark, Hive, Impala.
- Strong Computer Science, Engineering (or a related subject) background.
- Able to work in a modern software engineering environment, using Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools including Scrum, git and CI/CD.
- Experience working in financial services.
- Knowledge of Big Data analytics, data science, Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning.
- Market leading compensation for permanent positions + competitive bonuses.
- Strong appreciation for work-life balance with a massive emphasis on culture-driven values.
- Ability to work from home some of the time when required.
- The opportunity to work for a global market leading hedge fund with an incredible passionate pool of developers/ architects.
Please contact James.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.