We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Java Engineer to join a top banking FinTech in the city, working on a mission-critical Big Data platform.
This company has undergone a major Agile transformation as of the last several years and are looking to bring onboard talented Software Engineers with a passion for crafting clean, well-tested code that delivers value to their common platform. There is a concerted effort from senior management to firmly establish technology at the forefront of the business.
As a senior Java or Scala Engineer, the successful candidate will leverage their expertise in Big Data technologies to design and build out an entirely Greenfield distributed analytics platform on a firm-wide scale. This team are looking for strong developers with a Craftsmen-like approach to software engineering, as well as a passion for working with highly distributed data.
- Strong commercial development experience in Core Java, ideally with significant exposure to Scala
- Extensive commercial experience of Big Data technologies including Hive, Spark, and Impala
- Demonstrable solution design capabilities for large-scale distributed systems using Hadoop and Relational Database Management Systems (preferably Oracle)
- A preference for contributing value through iterative planning and ensuring code quality via code reviews
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- A tech-centric, collaborative work environment with flexible working arrangements
- A well-defined and highly structured career path
For more information, do not hesitate to get in contact via LinkedIn or via David.McGill@stanfordblack.com