One of the top London-based hedge funds is building out an ‘Alternative Investments’ arm and within that expanding their quant research group. They are looking for an experienced investment technology engineer to work alongside the Head of Quantitative Research as the group’s technical authority on how to use the latest technologies to launch the platform to the forefront of the market.
Tech-wise they truly understand that to have successful business lines, they need a world-class foundation of engineers and technologists who have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals including algorithm design and complexity theory. They are so committed to attracting the very best computer science talent, that they actively encourage the use of opensource technology. You will primarily be coding in Python and related tools including Pandas, NumPy etc. and have full access to opensource tech, DevOps tools and Spark for data analytics. Engineering follows a “test first” approach with focus on Agile engineering best practices.
Must have skills:
- 5+ years’ expert level Python engineering experience across distributed, mission-critical systems.
- Proven history of working in a fast-paced Agile engineering environment following TDD, BDD etc.
- Strong SQL knowledge.
- Excellent grasp of computer science fundamentals such as algorithm design/optimisation, complexities, data structures.
- Proven history of solving complex comp-sci problems.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Python libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, PyTest etc.
- Front office financial experience, ideally in asset/investment management.
- DevOps experience.
- Experience working alongside a quantitative researcher.
- Leading compensation package
- Access to the latest opensource tech
- Pension, healthcare, paid holiday
- Very well-connected office location
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a private and confidential conversation.